National Scenic Byways Online (NSBO) was the Internet development, website research, and online application support team for the National Scenic Byways program. Since 1996, NSBO has worked to support the four main purposes of the National Scenic Byways program, which are:
- To market America’s Byways®
- To provide Byway Community support
- To publish FHWA information
- To maintain an inventory of all byways in the U.S.
Most people become aware of National Scenic Byways Online through its most visible products, the two National Scenic Byways program websites:
- http://www.byways.org (this website- established to promote a collection of 150 byways designated by the US Secretary of Transportation)
- https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/byways/ ( Available at Federal Highway Administration since 2012)